2nd Shift Manufacturing Technician II – Danvers MA
- Eligible for Shift Differential $ on Evening Shift
- Full Time Employees are eligible for Medtronic Benefits on their first day of employment.
Medtronic Interventional Vascular & Structural Heart (IV&SH) provides interventional devices to treat coronary arteries that are blocked by atherosclerotic plaque and devices and therapies to treat structural defects of the heart. Our Danvers Massachusetts campus brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe.
Our Danvers Massachusetts location is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Manufacturing Technician II on 2nd Shift.
This position requires the ability to accomplish assignments with limited supervision, perform diversified mechanical, electromechanical or electronic technical duties in fabricating, testing, debugging and documentation of moderately complex to complex assemblies, sub-assemblies and simple engineering development models and/or adaptations of standard product and new processes and equipment maintenance.
Medtronic is intensely focused on creating a workplace environment which reflects our standing as the world’s top medical device company. The person that takes this role will be expected to support the Extrusion and Molding Operations to ensure smooth production, quality compliance improvement and improve process stability.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the patients we serve and an unrelenting desire to improve our business. The candidate must be motivated and must have exceptional soft skills that will be used to work with and motivate a team.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
IF YOU HAVE A PASSION TO WIN AND SOLID WORK ETHIC, COME WORK FOR US.
LET’S TAKE HEALTHCARE FURTHER, TOGETHER
- We look for leaders who have a clear vision of where we are going and how to get there, bold inclusive thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, business partners, and customers.
- We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and points of view come together, innovation is the result —and everyone wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas.
- Construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, adjust, test, diagnose, and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Work from schematics, engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- Operate related equipment, conduct tests and report data in prescribed format.
- Perform calibration and alignment checks; make adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience.
- Recommended basic job knowledge of production related systems and procedures.
- Available to work 2nd Shift.
Nice to Have
- Available to work 2nd shift.
- Associate degree in a technical program or other technical training/certification.
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing environment (preferably medical manufacturing).
- Experience with GMP and GDP requirements.
- Knowledge of the English and Metric measuring systems with the ability to perform mathematical conversions to each.
- Technical Writing Skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Plastics Processing and Plastics machinery maintenance.
- 5S and Lean Manufacturing Skills.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Good mechanical problem-solving skills.
- Start-up and Troubleshoot Extrusion / compounding process.
- Ability to use bench top test equipment and custom manufacturing test stations.
- Ability to escalate equipment downtime.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Proficient with Windows applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Solid technical aptitude and familiarity with tooling and fixtures.
- Change management and technical documentation experience.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)